Electrostimulation for abdominal exercises
Beyond aesthetic purposes, abdominal exercises serve to relieve or avoid back pain. Your body health will appreciate it. In this post, we want to tell you what kind of exercises are key to toning them and what are the errors you should avoid. First, it is important to be clear that electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) should not replace physical exercise, but that both should be combined to obtain the desired results.
Now that you’re clear, let’s see what it’s all about. Join us!
Abs training guide
Although many people still have doubts about whether to work abs with EMS, sports and aesthetic centers have included it in their services. Having a flat stomach is one of the goals of fitness fans, and electrofitness has become a revolutionary method for achieving amazing ambitions.
Here are three keys to working your abs with EMS:
- Choose a good equipment. i-motion is one of the few devices capable of working with muscle groups even in the deepest regions of the body.
- Work your abdomen daily and do the exercises slowly and in a controlled way.
- Lead a healthy life based on a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
An EMS training is developed with advanced equipment that allows to obtain better results in less time. However, electrostimulation is not a miracle technique, but it requires work and constancy. This tool promotes the strengthening of muscles: they gain tone, make muscle fibers more resistant and achieve more oxygen in the muscles. However, just by using the EMS you won’t have a 6-pack or improve your athletic performance, you need more than that.
This technique has sometimes been sold as a way to be fit without moving from the sofa. Like miracle diets, the reality exposed by this type of commercial ads does not exist in real life, because to get the desired results on the body you need to work with patience, constancy and sense.
Why abs exercises aren’t just an aesthetic issue?
As we have been mentioning, the training of the abs is, perhaps, one of the main objectives of society to achieve a strong and flat stomach, but it should not be the only purpose. From a healthy point of view, strong abdominal muscles can result in a significant improvement in posture, digestion, breathing and back problems (scoliosis, low back pain, sciatica…).
These muscles are important in the structure of the human body, as they are part of the skeletal musculature, they are limited by the diaphragm and pelvis, and they are an important flexor of the spine itself. In addition, they are responsible for connecting with the muscles of the chest and back.
Things to avoid while doing abdominal exercises
When training, it is as important to know how the technique works as the errors to avoid. Watch out for them:
- Personal trainers should not let athletes use the equipment freely, as many of them do not know the intensity or the right program to work the abs.
- Trainers and coaches should know the technique in depth to implement it without errors.
- Rapid and very elaborate movements should not be performed, but it is preferable to opt for simple and precise movements. One of the biggest mistakes that are made in this type of training is to make very long paths of motion.
- Do not contract the abdominal muscles because of the lack of control in the movements.
- Working all the time in the same direction, another of the most common mistakes. We must avoid overtraining.
- Control breathing and exercise rhythm.
- We must not arch our back too much or overload the cervical area.
- We should also not perform too many abdominal exercises during a workout.
There are many conventional exercises to work the abdominal area, but the problem is that sometimes the way to do them can be counterproductive. It all depends on each person’s body, condition and health, for example: for people with back problems it is not recommended to do standard exercise or any other exercise without the help of a professional.
The role of i-motion in the training of the abdomen and back
In short, to train the abs with the electrostimulation of i-motion, the electrodes must first be placed in those corresponding muscles where you want to perform the training. Next, we need to select the appropriate intensity and program.
When working the abdomen, the most important thing is to know the goal that we want to achieve, relax or strengthen? One type of currents and frequencies or other frequencies will be used. With i-motion, you’ll be able to work muscle groups depending on the application, where the sequence resides, as well as combine the main muscles with the training programs, which will give the coach and the athlete the possibly to focus specifically on the sequence they want to work on.
Imagine for a moment that, instead of the abdomen, you want to work your back. Problems in this area of the body are one of the most common discomforts in people, which affects health and work. It deteriorates the quality of life and contributes to physical disability, which can be caused by a lack of exercise, poor diet, incorrect postures, diseases, tension, etc. In any case, thanks to the use of the i-motion muscle electrostimulation, many people have managed to significantly reduce their back pains.
When you want to perform a basic training, you do not even need to do special exercises, but the basics of the strength program already activate enough the muscle. EMS training strengthens, improves results and exercise. And all thanks to the advanced technology of the EMS device at imotion-ems.com.
Are you ready to benefit from the results of this technology? Request a demo and contact us.